MEET THE TEAM
Tatanga Energy’s core team is composed of seasoned practitioners with backgrounds in engineering, finance, infrastructure, and energy development. The team works collaboratively to deliver sustainable energy solutions to power Africa.
Chief Executive Officer
- Extensive banking experience gained across Africa, Europe, Asia and the Americas.
- Hands on experience in operations, Corporate and Investment banking, Asset-Based Finance and Risk Management.
- Strong experience developing energy projects in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Seasoned investment professional with energy and infrastructure experience across sub-Saharan Africa
- Served as Fund Principal for the Public Investment Corporation of South Africa (PIC), developing over 1GW of renewables
- Previously worked for the IFC
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor with 25 years experience in energy and infrastructure development and delivery (UK and Sub-Saharan Africa)
- Previously the Commercial Director of Group Five Power.
- Strong understanding of project development and delivery of projects including board responsibility.
- First-class degree in Electronic Engineering.
- Experience in industrial power and energy management and installations: PFC, Harmonics filtering etc.
- Supports initiatives on emerging scientific and technical advances to curb extreme poverty among populations that live far away from major development efforts.
- ESG professional with a MSc in Safety Health and Environmental Management.
- Experience in PPA negotiations, project management, digital marketing and risk management.
- Prior work experience with ZETDC (Zimbabwe Electricity Transmission and Distribution Company) and UNDP – Masawara Youth Fellowship.
- Gerald joined the Tatanga Energy team in September 2020. His background in model designing and credit management in sales will support the roll out of C & I opportunities.
- Experience in sales, operations and risk management .
- Has worked in different industries from credit finance, Tech sales and support and insurance.